Monday, October 29, 2012

Life Will Rock You Like a Hurricane

For those of you who don't know what's going on about Hurricane Sandy, you're clearly living under a rock. Good--stay there until the coast is clear.  For those on the East Coast right now, lives are being disrupted due to this natural disaster.  The most important take away for those people is to have an evacuation plan, and plan in place to keep them safe in case disaster strikes.
People need to have an evacuation plan in case of natural disaster, but it's also a good idea to have an evacuation plan for other things...like job searches.  Right now, I'm in the middle of a job search which is going well, but just in case things don't go exactly according to plan, I'm putting together an evacuation plan.  My evacuation plan is to become a freelancer.  In my case, it's freelance work that's unrelated to the field I want to enter, but it's something that I really enjoy, so it's a win-win.  Many people do freelance work, start their own business, or some other self-employed option to kick off a career transition.

People of the Internet, do you have an evacuation plan?  If so, what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment